Learn to knit socks two-at-a-time on two circular needles. Afterthought Heel socks are quick and easy and a whole lot of fun! These are a perfect first sock, and knitting two-at-a-time means you won’t suffer from the dreaded second sock syndrome!
Class 1 will focus on the technique of knitting in the round on 2 circular needles.
- Requisite Skills:
- These are relatively easy first socks, but they are not for very beginning knitters. You must know how to cast on, knit in the round, knit, purl, SSK, K2tog, bind off, and read a pattern.
- Recommended Yarn:
- Biscotte Self-Striping or Lumos
- Long Dog Sock (comes with contrasting color skein)
- Candy Skein Yummy or Savory
- Two 24" US 1 circular needles (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Two 24" US 6, 7, or 8 circular needles
- Scrap DK or worsted weight yarn
- 1 skein of sock yarn
- Optional: Contrasting color yarn for heel & toe (approximately 80 yds)
- Stitch markers
- Darning needle
- Please bring the pattern with you to class. It can be found for free on Ravelry. Afterthought Heel Socks by Laura Linneman