Guest Instructor Grace Akhrem
March 22, 2019 - March 23, 2019
Welcome to the incomparable Grace Akhrem! Grace, a Los Angeles native, has always been artistic and crafty. Grace’s designs are inspired by color, yarn, texture and fashion. Grace’s main goal as a designer is to design pieces that she would like to wear herself and she thinks others would too. Grace focuses on construction and technique in all of her designs.
- Upcoming Classes:
- Ten Finishing Techniques Every Knitter Should Know - Fri 3/22 10am-7pm
- Create Your Own Basic Toe-Up Sock Pattern - Sat 3/23 9am-1pm
- Combined Continental or Russian Speed Knitting - Sat 3/23 2pm-5pm
- Del Norte Cowl - Sat 3/23 5:30pm-7:30pm
Ten Finishing Techniques Every Knitter Should Know
- Fri 3/22 10am-7pm
- This is a crash course in top ten techniques that will change your life as a knitter and take your projects from looking homemade to store-bought! Saddle up for some fun and learn from the master.
- Lunch is included.
Create Your Own Basic Toe-Up Sock Pattern
- Sat 3/23 9am-1pm
- Together we will properly take foot measurements and learn how to check gauge in the round without knitting in the round. In class we will learn the formula to create any toe-up sock for any gauge yarn and any foot measurement. In class we will knit a little mini-sock.
- We'll learn the following techniques: Crochet provisional cast-on, short-row heel and toe, and elastic bind-off.
Combined Continental or Russian Speed Knitting
- Sat 3/23 2pm-5pm
- Are you a continental knitter already and want to learn how to knit faster? This Russian Speed- Knitting technique could possibly be the fastest in the world. Learn how to minimize your motions and maximize your output.
- Please make sure you come to the class comfortable with the following techniques: Continental knitting, cast on, knit, purl, bind, off, k2tog, and ssk.
Del Norte Cowl
- Sat 3/23 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Working a wrap and turn short row is one thing, learning how to pick up those wraps is a separate feat on its own. In this class we will not only learn how to work and read wrap and turn stitches, but also how to pick them up, and tuck them away.
- Next Grace will demonstrate the pleat and cable techniques of this pattern so that when you are home you will be able to work this portion of the pattern with ease. Homework Required.
- Homework: Students must obtain gauge before class and CO and complete the first row in the pattern (the WS row only).