Ten Finishing Techniques Every Knitter Should Know - Grace Akhrem!
March 22, 2019 10am - 7pm
Guest Instructor Grace Akhrem!
- Fri 3/22 10am-7pm
- This is a crash course in top ten techniques that will change your life as a knitter and take your projects from looking homemade to store-bought! Saddle up for some fun and learn from the master.
- Lunch is included.
- Ten Techniques
- Setting in a Sleeve
- Kitchener Stitch
- Blocking Lace
- Elastic Bind Off
- I-cord Bind Off
- Picking up stitches (on selvage edge, like you would for a button band)
- Jogless Stripe in the round
- Provisional Cast On
- Duplicate Stitch
- Recommended Yarn:
- Approximately 200 yards of smooth worsted weight wool yarn in a solid light color
- Trendsetter Yarns Merino VI
- Classic Liberty Wool
- Louet Gems
- Acrylic fiber yarns are extremely discouraged and will give the student a difficult time because the fiber is inflexible and unforgiving).
- A second 200 yards of the same yarn mentioned above in a contrasting color (solid color, not dark or heathered).
- Size 7 U.S. needles
- Size 7 U.S. (4.5mm) set of double pointed needles
- Size 7 U.S. (4.5mm) 9" circular needles
- Size 7 U.S. or 4.5mm crochet hook
- Stitch markers
- Green or blue Chibi needle set (not yellow)
- Three stitch holders (preferably double ended)
- Point protectors (optional)
- Pen or pencil for taking notes
- Please have all swatches and pre-work finished before you come to class.There will be absolutely no time for catching up on homework in class.
- Swatches 1-2 (same color): CO 25 sts work 4” in st.st. BO all sts.
- Swatches 3-5 (make three separate swatches, at least two in the same color): CO 30 sts, work in st.st. for 6 rows (ending with a purl row), cut yarn, place sts onto a holder leaving a 24" tail.
- Swatch 6: On 9" circular needles and using one of your colors, CO 50 sts. Place marker and join in the round being careful not to twist your work. Knit five rounds even. Stop at this point, place point protectors onto needles if you prefer.
- Swatch 7: CO 21 sts. Row 1: (P3, k2, p2, k2) twice, p3. Row 2: (K3, p2, k2, p2))twice, k3. Repeat rows 1-2 until piece measures 2" from CO edge ending with row 2.
Class Policy: Class fees must be paid in advance to reserve your space. Class materials must be purchased at the shop. Teachers reserve the right to cancel a class with less than three sign-ups with at least 24 hours notice.
Cancellation Policy: We require at least 24 hours notice for the cancellation of a class or private lesson. We cannot refund, transfer, or provide store credit for class fees with less than 24 hours notice.